Adam Jonas a Morgan Stanley Research analyst makes the argument that Tesla Motor company is the most important car car company in the world in a new report to investors.
“Not even two years after the delivery of the first Model S, Tesla Motors has transformed from fledgling start-up to arguably the most important car company in the world. We are not joking,” Jonas wrote. “Tesla is also emerging as an emblematic force in America’s effort to foster high tech manufacturing job growth.” –
Why would such a prestigious organization make such a claim?
1) Tesla has gone from zero to hero with automotive suppliers, which once shunned the Palo Alto, Calif., car company.
2) Most rival automakers who once derided failed start-ups such as Fisker and Coda, now see Tesla as true competition.
3) General Motors has a “Team Tesla” devoted to the development of long-range electric vehicles like Tesla’s Model S sedan, Jonas said.
4) A BMW engineer recently explained to us how Tesla’s presence has helped reinvigorate the spirit of automobile innovation that was beginning to run stale, further testifying that BMW will be a stronger company longer term because Tesla is around,” he said.
5) Tesla is having a positive effect on the U.S. economy.
6) Tesla’s proposed giant billion “gigafactory” battery facility, project could create
6,000 potentially raising to 20,000 additional manufacturing and technical jobs within seven years. – The larger impact is this could indirectly support more than an additional 100,000 U.S. jobs.
7) Tesla is uniquely America.
Tesla also establishing itself as the “most American made car on the road, pushing 90% U.S. content,” according to Jonas. That’s more than such American pie vehicles as the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado pickup trucks, he said.
This all means that investors should look at Tesla as more than a traditional auto company.
Viva La Tesla![SOURCE](http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-most-important-automaker-20140620-story.html)