Expedia.com will begin accepting Bitcoin for hotel bookings through its website, becoming the first major travel-agency to take the digital currency. If the reception is solid, the company expects to bring Bitcoin to its other service lines as well.
* More than 60,000 retailers now accept Bitcoin world-wide.
* Expedia is the latest big-name retailer to embrace Bitcoin.
* Overstock.com, the Chicago Sun-Times and Dish Network are some other big corporations to start accepting alt coin this year.
* Expedia doesn’t expect to get all that much Bitcoin-related business to start.
* Expedia does see Bitcoin as a part of their corporate future.
It should be only a matter of time before more big name companies like Expedia will start to accept alt-coins, as good companies see digital currencies as just another way to serve their customers. More and more alt-coin enthusiasts are seeing the value of spending and saving digital currency, instead of just treating digital currencies like another investment.[More.](http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/06/11/expedia-starts-accepting-bitcoin-for-hotel-bookings/)